Most homeowners don’t think about their water pressure until there’s a problem. But did you know that high water pressure can actually cause damage to your home and property? In this blog post, we’ll discuss what high water pressure is, how to determine if you have high water pressure, and what you can do if it’s too high. We’ll also cover the benefits of having a water pressure regulator installed in your home. So keep reading to learn more!
Water pressure is measured in pounds per square inch or psi. If your home does not have a water pressure regulator, the typical range of water pressure in your home varies from 60 psi to 110 psi.
Most cases of water damage in homes stem from high water pressure – often when there’s a plumbing repair going on. If your water pressure is above 80 psi, it’s a good idea to check in with a plumber or contractor to find out why the high water pressure is happening. Determining that you have high water pressure can help you get the damage under control, but it won’t prevent future damage that can be caused by high water pressure.
If you’re experiencing any of the following problems, your water pressure is likely too high:
- Frequent splash outs of water from your sprinklers or garden hoses.
- Damage to your home’s foundation, such as cracks and shifting.
- Damage to your plumbing systems, such as faucets and toilets.
- Higher utility bills from increased water usage.
In most cases, these problems stem from high water pressure that’s typically caused by a buildup of air in the water pipes. Other causes could be damaged or misaligned valves that allow high-pressure water to escape.
Now that you know what high water pressure is and how it can cause damage to your home, you might be wondering if a water pressure regulator could help. If so, here are some benefits of installing a water pressure regulator in your home:
- A single, easy-to-install appliance that prevents most problems with high water pressure.
- It can help you save money on your utility bills by preventing your hot water heater from running too often.
- It can protect the components of your plumbing system by ensuring that they don’t work as hard to deliver the same amount of water.
- It can help reduce your carbon footprint by helping you use less energy for heating and cooling water.
- It can prolong the life of your appliances, fixtures, and plumbing systems.
Can a gate valve regulate pressure?
A gate valve (https://anixusa.com/gate-valve) cannot be used to regulate water pressure. It is a type of valve that is used to stop or start the flow of water through a pipe.
So if you’re experiencing any problems with high water pressure in your home, a water pressure regulator might be a great solution. You should also contact a plumber or contractor in your area to find out if this product is right for your home.